Students under 18 years of age when coming to study in Australia must have suitable accommodation and welfare arrangements.

Students can choose to:
  • Live with their parents or legal guardian during their stay in Australia
  • Live with their relatives who are residents of Australia and as nominated by their parents or legal guardian
  • Live in accommodation as approved by the college

Living with Parents or a legal guardian

Parents or legal guardians coming to Australian with students under 18 must contact the Australian Embassy for visa and further information.

Click here for more information on eligible visa.

Living with their relatives as nominated by their parents or legal guardians

DIBP-approved relatives include brothers, sisters, grandparents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, step-parents, step-brothers/sisters, step-aunts/uncles, step-grandparents.

The relative must agree to undertake the guardian obligations and responsibilities.

Guardians must be resident in NSW and be over 21 years of age and must reside with the student until the student turns 18 and must have a child check screening or federal police clearance done. Parents must provide evidence to show that the Guardian is related to the family and must be in the DIBP relatives list.

Living in accommodation as approved by the college

We can arrange home stay with a guardian. This is a fee per service arrangement. We have agreements with Home Stay providers who are equipped to provide accommodation and welfare for students under 18 years of age. For more information contact our Marketing staff.